We are really excited to announce that we are moving to Carliol House. This beautiful grade 2 listed building on New Market Street, is just round the corner from our current base. It was originally the headquarters and offices of the North Eastern Electricity Supply Company, built in 1924-8.
We have secured the basement and first floor of this building for the next two years; enabling us to offer around 1,400 m2 of studio space, maker space and exhibition space to artists and creative enterprises.
As with our existing building, to rent space, you must apply to be a member of The NewBridge Project, indicating what type of space you need, what your practice is and why you would like to be part of NewBridge.
Applications will be selected on quality of work, need, motivations and willingness to be involved with The NewBridge Project community. We work with emerging and established artists and submissions are judged with impartiality and without prejudice.
If you are interested in becoming a member in our new building please send an expression of interest and information about what kind of space you would require to Clare Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shared workspace is a critical and collaborative environment that allows artists to discuss and develop new ideas and projects.
NewBridge Studio offers space to artists at any stage of their career, working primarily within the field of visual art, with a desire to be part of a diverse and critically engaged community of creative practitioners.
NewBridge Studio continues to develop in response to the needs and interests of its members providing valuable resources and support to encourage an experimental and critical approach to contemporary art practice.
The NewBridge Project hosts a series of talks, discussion groups, exhibitions and live events to engage studio members in a varied and lively programme of activity and promote a responsive dialogue.
We are currently offering visual artists at any stage in their career the opportunity to join this community.
Studio members will benefit from:
– Low-cost and spacious 24 hour access studio space in the city centre.
– A new support network from which to cultivate further opportunities and develop work. We are committed to NewBridge Studio remaining a discursive and productive working environment.
– The opportunity to be a part of an exciting and vibrant community of visual artists in the City Centre of Newcastle.
– The opportunity to be part of NewBridge programme committee.
– The range of facilities at The NewBridge Project: among others, our bookable project spaces The Annex and PH Space, darkroom, social spaces and bookshop.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com with:
– Up to six images of recent work
– Artist CV/Bio
– Brief statement summarising why you’d like to become a member of The NewBridge Project
– An indication of the type of studio space in which you would be interested
Applications are reviewed regularly by a panel and selected on quality of work and willingness to be involved with the community at NewBridge Studio. We work with emerging and established artists; submissions are judged with impartiality and without prejudice.
If your application is successful you will be allocated studio space depending on the requirements of your practice. Studios at The NewBridge Project are subsidised and prices are available upon request.