EXCHANGE – The Royal Standard and The NewBridge Project
Artist Stipend: £300
Materials Budget: £100
Travel Budget: £50
Exchange Date: February 2018
Deadline to apply: Thursday 2 November, 5pm
We invite artists from The NewBridge Project and The Royal Standard to apply for EXCHANGE, a reciprocal exchange programme happening in February 2018.
EXCHANGE will provide 6 artists (3 from The Royal Standard and 3 from The NewBridge Project) with an opportunity to spend a week living and working in a different city and studios.
It will be a chance to explore different areas of your practice through interaction, discussion and sharing of skills with the selected EXCHANGE artists and other studio members at each location. It will allow participants to exchange ideas, meet new people and create networks across Newcastle and Liverpool.
There is an additional budget for the 6 artists selected to collectively produce something during or at the end of the exchange.
Please note you must be a Studio or Regional Associate Member of The NewBridge Project to apply. To join and learn more about membership and it’s benefits, please click here.
Part 1: Between 29 January – 4 February 2018 // At The NewBridge Project
Artists from The Royal Standard to spend 1 week at The NewBridge Project, Newcastle
Part 2: Between 12 – 18 February 2018 // At The Royal Standard
Artists from The NewBridge Project to spend 1 week at The Royal Standard, Liverpool
Part 3: End of February – March
End of project result – to be shown/hosted between TRS and NBP.
- Stipend: £300
- Materials budget: £100
- Travel budget up to: £50
- We will provide you with a shared studio space at each location
- The exchange will be for the duration of 1 week at each location.
- This opportunity is open to artist studio members from TRS
- This opportunity is open to studio members and associate members from the NBP
- It is open to artists at any stage of their career
- The selected artists are encouraged to input into The Royal Standards Workshop programme and The NewBridge Projects Practice Makes Practice programme during the exchange.
- Accommodation will be provided by artists from host cities
- It is not a requirement to accommodate one of the other exchange artists if you are selected, however it would be fantastic if you could!
- There is some additional budget for the 6 artists to collectively produce something during or at the end of the exchange.
- You must be a Studio or Regional Associate Member of NewBridge to apply for this opportunity.
How to apply
Deadline: Tuesday 17 October
- A few short paragraphs stating
- why you would like to be part of the exchange
- how it would benefit your practice
- what you would hope to get out of the exchange
- how you would hope to engage with artists both on the exchange and within the partners studio/organisations.
- whether you would be able to accommodate an artists from the other studios as part of the exchange
- Artist CV / bio
- Up to 6 Supporting images of recent work or a link to work
If you have any questions please contact us on the above emails.
EXCHANGE is part of Practice Makes Practice and organised in partnership with The Royal Standard.
Practice Makes Practice is an artist development programme run by artists for artists. Practice makes Practice focuses on developing artistic talent and equipping artistswith the necessary skills to manage their practice, bridging the gap between art school, studio practice, the gallery and beyond.