The NewBridge Project is situated in The Shieldfield Centre on Clarence Walk (off Stoddart Street) opposite Subway. The main entrance is in between Thornfield GP’s and Castle Nurseries.
Our building has 2 floors open to the public. These include workshop spaces, galleries, a bookshop and community spaces. There are lifts to all of these spaces and accessible toilets on all floors.
The Reception is located in the bookshop in the main entrance of The NewBridge Project. There is always a staff member located here who will be happy to help you with anything you may need. NewBridge Project staff can be located by their yellow lanyards. They can give information about our exhibitions, workshops and events.
They will also be able to offer printed information about the exhibitions and events, including Large Print guides.
NewBridge Project staff are aware of hidden disabilities and will provide assistance where possible.
If you have any queries in advance of your visit that are not covered in this document or require any assistance on your future visit please e-mail Community Coordinator Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any assistance when you are at The NewBridge Project on your visit please ask any staff member. You will always find a member of staff from The NewBridge Project in the bookshop and gallery.
The main entrance on Clarence Walk is wheelchair accessible.
The NewBridge Project has 2 public lifts travelling between Ground Floor and the 2nd Floor.
Exhibition guides, labels and any floor maps that are be available for the exhibitions are available in large print format. These are available in the exhibition, reception or from any NewBridge Project staff.
Assistance Dogs / Animals
- We welcome trained and uniformed assistance dogs.
- Water bowls for dogs are available on request.
- Entrance to The NewBridge Project and all exhibitions is always free.
- Carers go to The NewBridge Project paid events for free, no proof of eligibility is required. If you require a free carers ticket for a paid event email email@example.com.
Before you visit
- Other than for particular events, The NewBridge Project is open to the public Wednesday – Friday 12 pm – 5 pm.
- Please ensure you are wearing a face covering before entering the building. Face coverings are mandatory for all visitors except those with exemptions or under the age of 11, in line with government guidelines.
- We ask that all visitors maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe.
- There will be a designated route around the building. There will be markings on the floor showing this route and signs to point you in the right direction towards public spaces.