SES visited NewBridge for a free drop-in service to provide support, help and guidance to individuals considering transforming their skills into money making opportunities.
SES is a social enterprise company with more than three decades of practical experience in promoting and supporting all kinds of enterprise.
This was an opportunity for anyone to ask burning questions whether thinking of a business now or for the future or to arrange one to one consultations.
Regardless circumstances or motivation, employed, unemployed, going through redundancy; developing a business idea, getting into a new career, or exploring a hobby or skill – professional advisers were available to offer support.
Topics covered on the day typically included;
• How to make money from an idea and how to avoid losing it
• Social Media and how you can use it to attract customers
• Selling on-line
• Registering a business or self employment
• Marketing techniques which you can apply straight away
• How to develop a business plan
• Advice to access grants and loans. What funders are really looking for!
• How to keep records and books for self-assessment purposes
• Business banking
• HMRC and Insurances
• Employing staff and Human Resources
• Intellectual property rights
• Benefits and better off calculations