Practice makes Practice: call out for online writing/audio
Studio and Associate Members opportunity
Deadline: Wednesday 5 February, 12 noon
We are inviting proposals for a series of writing / online commissions as part of our Practice makes Practice programme, which will be featured on our website in 2020.
These online pieces will form part of Practice makes Practice, an artist development programme run by artists for artists and the wider arts community. It focusses on developing artistic and professional practice, supporting people to gain new skills and experience, and to develop new connections and ways of working.
We are interested in proposals that explore current contemporary art practice, shared learning, critical conversations and collaboration. They could take the form of blogs, critical writing, interviews, studio visits, creative writing, toolkits or resources (or something else!).
If you wish to produce something through conversation with other members, or through inviting a speaker to lead an event, we can also work with you to programme an event as part of our Practice makes Practice programme (separate budget to writing fee).
- Fee: £130 for piece of writing
- 500 – 800 words (if written)
- Works can take any form as long as they can exist online
- Members only opportunity (Studio members and associates)
- We will be commissioning more than 1 item
- You may apply as an individual, duo or group (however the fee will remain the same)
- This opportunity is for all artists, regardless of previous experience in this area.
Please send the following to us at email@example.com by Wednesday 5 February, 12 noon
- Proposal (250 words max) stating
- What you want to explore
- How it would benefit your practice
- How do you hope it will be engaged with by other members
- Whether you wish to invite someone to lead an event / host an event with other members as part of Practice makes Practice to directly inform your piece (separate small budget)
- Completed Equality and Diversity monitoring form
- Other examples of work you feel would support your proposal
We also accept submissions in audio or video format.
If you want to chat through any ideas then email firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line Digital Commission – Query