Deep Adaptation – CALL OUT for Co-Investigators
DEEP ADAPTATION: rethinking our relationships to each other and the planet
We are recruiting a group of Co-Investigators to work with us to gather insights from a range of perspectives on Deep Adaptation, the ongoing programme at The Newbridge Project.
Deep Adaptation is an ongoing programme of commissions, talks, events and workshops, looking at how current social, political, civic and economic issues can be understood in relation to climate change. During April and May 2018 there will be a programme of activity including an exhibition, workshops, events, public-realm interventions and screenings, from various artists, academics, writers, activists and communities. Full details here.
Co-Investigators will select which activity(ies) they attend and participate in and then ‘report back’ on what they have observed and experienced. The group will be guided by a series of enquiry questions, which we will come up with together at a briefing event one week before the programme starts.
The reflections and evidence gathered by the Co-Investigators will be collated and presented in the exhibition at NBP Gateshead and online platforms. This can take a range of forms including, but not limited to, text, drawing, sound, video, spoken word, and performance. The aim is to gather a rich collection of insights into the programme and what it is doing. These insights will inform conversations at the closing ‘springboard’ event where we will discuss how to move forward with this agenda collectively in Newcastle and Gateshead.
- Mon 19th March – Deadline for expressions of interest
- Tue 3rd April, 6-7pm – Co-Investigators’ Briefing at The Newbridge Project, High St, Gateshead.
- Fri 13th April – Launch of the Deep Adaptation Exhibition at The NewBridge Project : Gateshead
- Fri 8th May, 5-7pm, Springboard event at The Newbridge Project, High St, Gateshead.
Deep Adaptation Exhibition: 14 April – 26 May
Deep Adaptation Events programme: 11 April – 19 May
The co-investigators will each receive a stipend of £200 and will need to attend the Co-Investigators briefing, at least one event, and the final springboard.
- To apply, please send an expression of interest (max 200 words) detailing why you would like to be a Co-Investigator for Deep Adaptation.
- Please also state any specific events or commissions that you are interested in attending.
For more information please contact Hannah Marsden by email or NewBridge on 0191 232 8975.
For more information about Deep Adaptation and the full events programme please go here.