Buildings & Front of House Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic Buildings & Front of House Assistant to join our team at The NewBridge Project. As part of the role, you will provide support across our building in Shieldfield – which houses 100 artist studios, workshop spaces (woodwork, ceramics, photography & printing), a gallery, bookshop and hireable spaces.
This role is about on-the-job learning, so you don’t need to have had previous experience working in the arts or in a similar role, but it will be well suited to someone who is interested in art or running a building/venue.
The role will include:
- Administrative support across our building management – this might include updating artists profiles on our website, using Microsoft office, document filing, helping with health & safety checks (you’ll receive training and guidance as you go along!)
- Helping to set up for venue hires
- Supporting with marketing on NewBridge’s website and social media
- Attending team meetings and taking notes in these
- Welcoming visitors to the building and chatting with them
- Evaluation and data entry
This is a role that will give you a taster of how a busy artist space works, which will help you to decide what kind of creative career might be of interest to you. You will learn about working in, and running a cultural building, communication and marketing skills (within a team and working with the public), and administration.