The NewBridge Project: Call for Trustees
Deadline: Tuesday 28 May 2019, 10am
The NewBridge Project is currently looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to join their Board of Directors to take up the role of Trustee.
The NewBridge Project is an artist-led community, supporting the development of artists and creatives through the provision of space, artist development programmes, curatorial opportunities, and an ambitious artist-led programme of exhibitions, commissions and events.
Our programme is based on an artist-led model with studio members and the wider artistic community creating a programme responsive to the social, political and civic environment within which it exists, and aims to be a genuine community resource.
We are at an exciting period in our organisation’s development and it is essential we continue to build on our success to ensure the long-term stability and sustainability of the organisation.
We are seeking to expand our board of directors to build on our diversity, knowledge and skills, helping to lead The NewBridge Project to the next stage of its development. We are currently looking for individuals with some of the following areas of knowledge and expertise to join our board:
- property law
- property development
- urban planning
- marketing / PR
- local government
- artist-led spaces
- arts and culture
- diversity / inclusion
Our current trustees include: Julia Bell (Chair), Julia Heslop, Ray Mills (Treasurer), Ilana Mitchell and Paul Richter. Please see Trustee bios here.
What we’re looking for in a board member:
- An enthusiasm for and understanding of the work and ethos of The NewBridge Project.
- A commitment to carry out the duties of a Board Member.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and a willingness to state personal convictions and, equally, to accept a majority decision and be tolerant of the views of other people.
- A preparedness to offer personal and business skills and experience to support the work of staff when required.
- A commitment to be well informed about the work of The NewBridge Project.
- A willingness to act as a champion for The NewBridge Project.
- The ability to treat sensitive information confidentially.
Commitment of Board Members:
- Attend quarterly board meeting (meetings usually take place on Mondays after 4pm in Newcastle upon Tyne, however, we will host meetings at times which are convenient for all Board Members)
- Attend one annual board ‘away-day’ with other Trustees and staff (date tbc.)
- Prepare for board meetings by reading board papers
- Advocate for The NewBridge Project at specific events and meetings
- Provide support/guidance to the Director and staff team (when necessary) between board meetings
We are keen to widen the diversity of our board members and expertise, and encourage applications from all backgrounds and experiences, irrespective of ethnicity, social / economic status, age, gender and sexuality.
There is no requirement to have previous experience of sitting on a Board.
All trustee roles are unpaid, but we support travel and childcare costs, and aim to hold meetings at times that can accommodate trustee’s work / family / personal commitments.
To apply please email Julia Bell, Chair of the Board of Trustees at email@example.com with the following by Tuesday 28 May, 10am:
- Statement on why you would like to be a NewBridge trustee and what experience you would bring to the role
- Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form (available to download from our website)
- Deadline: Tuesday 28 May, 10am
If you would like to discuss the role further or have any questions please contact Julia Bell, Chair of the Board of Trustees on firstname.lastname@example.org