We have a number of different ways to apply for The Collective Studio:
- Through a single PDF document containing the following information.
- Through a video or sound file containing the following information.
- If there is another way you wish to apply then get in touch and let us know.
Please send your application to email@example.com with
‘YOUR NAME_The Collective Studio Application’ in the subject line.
(Save the file as Your_Name_Collective_Studio_Application)
(Max. half page of A4 or 2-3 minutes via video or audio). This is the most important part of the application, and the following prompts will help you to complete your statement:
- Put your name at the top of your statement
- Why would you like to be part of The Collective Studio 2021-2022 at The NewBridge Project and what appeals to you about the collective experience it offers?
- How will it benefit your personal, creative, and professional development?
- What will you contribute to the experience?
- Do you have any suggestions for activities or people you’d like to invite as part of the programme? (This isn’t compulsory!)
2. Bio/Artist Statement
(Max. half page of A4 / 2-3 minutes video or audio), including information about who you are (the bio), what your creative practice is and why you do it (artist statement). Don’t worry if you aren’t happy with this. That’s a common feeling and we will be developing this as part of the programme.
3. Brief CV
(Max. 1 page A4 / 2-3 minutes video or audio) focussing on your practice and any relevant experience (include an up-to-date address, contact phone number and email address (non-university). You won’t be selected based on your CV but it helps with background info.
4. If you have been to university, please state which subject course you have completed, the year of graduation and what institution you attended, or provide equivalent information. We welcome applications from people who haven’t undertaken a formal degree course, so this isn’t mandatory.
5. Weblinks or images of recent work (up to 3 items). This is to give us an indication of your work, it’s subject matter and medium – which will help us to plan the programme.
6. Please include what type of space membership you would like to apply for (individual, shared, hot-desk, associate), and let us know your first and second choice for this!
7. Equality and Diversity monitoring form (download below, complete and return with your application).