The on-site kilns can fire stoneware and earthenware clay, which can be bought in the workshop or you can bring your own. There’s also a selection of glazes, which can be used after bisque firing your ceramics.
Open access to the ceramics room is now available for the studio holders only 24/7 – Booking required Stephen is responsible for organising the access on a day to day basis please email Stephen at email@example.com. Bring your own materials *or liaise with Stephen to purchase materials.
Northern Clay Room
Juliet is available for taught workshops on a bespoke basis, for more info contact @northernclayroom on instagram or firstname.lastname@example.org
For studio members only:
- £8 for up to 3 hours access
- Access is for us of the room and its equipment
- Raw materials (e.g. clay or glazes) are not included* Please provide your own or contact Stephen or Juliet
- Kiln firings will cost £10 per firing (covering cost of required repairs, loading, monitoring kiln for 10 – 12 hrs, unloading) plus a percentage cost of firing currently approx. £2.20 – £6.40 – e.g. 1 item £10 or a full kiln £10 plus cost of firing.
- Firing cost is depending on size of kiln used and temperature of firing. NBP subsides these firings and have asked for 35% of the cost which is currently between £2.20 – £6.40. Costs may increase further depending on the price per kilowatt.
- If instruction is required this may be provided on a bespoke basis please contact one of us. Anticipate minimum of 3 – 4 weeks from making to fully fired object.
- Largest kiln is a 45 cm tall by 45cm wide cylinder
Kiln firing is an additional cost on a case by case basis, please contact Stephen at email@example.com
More info please email firstname.lastname@example.org